We care about the environment. You might expect that, from people who choose to cycle wherever possible on holiday, rather than fly or drive.
We want to minimise the impact which the festival has on the environment. We do this by:
- using local food suppliers wherever possible, to reduce the ‘food miles’ associated with delivery: yoghurt, biscuits, cakes, bread, cordial and fruit all come from companies within, or very near, to Lancashire;
- encouraging people to cycle to the festival by rewarding them with a small gift from us;
- providing plenty of vegetarian and vegan food options, as standard; and
- using food packaging which is eco-friendly and recyclable.
We have worked with Waddow Hall to minimise their environmental impact and all lunch items will be packaged with recyclable or compostable packaging, as will all cutlery and crockery for meal times. They will also be providing reusable plastic glasses in the bar from 2019. Ticket prices have increased slightly to allow for this.
YOU CAN HELP BY:
- using your own mug / water bottle for drinks;
- reusing the (eco-friendly) disposable items we supply;
- using the designated recycling area at Waddow Hall for your recyclable waste;
- cycling and/or using public transport to get to the festival.
Thank you for helping. This world is important to us.