We have put together some information for those coming to the 2017 Cycle Touring Festival. If you have further questions, please check here. If you’re still stuck, get in touch by email.*
- Registration on Friday evening opens at 4pm. Please don’t arrive before then, as we won’t be there.
- Please come and register before pitching your tent. There is another group on site that weekend, so we need to tell you where to camp. Plus, we want to say hello!
- Food will be available to buy (burgers/sausages etc) and the bar will be open from 6pm. Bring cash – there are plenty of ATMs in Clitheroe, 1 mile away.
- There will be a introductory session starting in the marquee at 8.30pm. It will be very informal and the main event doesn’t start until Saturday morning, so don’t worry if you arrive late.
- If you plan to arrive after 11pm on Friday, please camp in Dogwood campsite. This is the campsite on the left as you turn into the main car park (which is next to the main hall). Come and register in Ribble Lodge in the morning so we know you’ve arrived. If you plan to arrive after 11pm and are staying in the B&B, please let us know in advance. The B&B is onsite.
- Directions to Waddow Hall are here.
What to bring
Apart from your usual cycling and camping paraphernalia, you might consider bringing:
- Extra warm and waterproof clothes (it’s Lancashire, after all).
- A bike – but if you’re not bringing one, don’t worry, as there will be some to borrow.
- A bike lock – there will be an area to lock bikes up. It’s a fairly safe area, but please take the usual sensible precautions. Our insurance won’t cover bike theft and we are not responsible for your own possessions.
- A swimming costume – in case you want a dip in the river (entirely at your own risk – it’s cold).
- Cash for food on Friday evening and books from our speakers.
- Breakfast on Saturday & Sunday (and Monday, for those in the B&B)
- Lunch on Saturday & Sunday
- Dinner on Saturday
- Snacks and drinks throughout
Food will be available to buy onsite on Friday evening, but not Sunday. If you’re staying on Sunday, people usually head into Clitheroe together.
We cater for vegetarians and vegans but if you have any other dietary requirements, please let us know asap.
The bar will be open on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings from 6pm. Cards are accepted over £5.
You can bring your own drinks, but please don’t bring these into the main hall.
*Please be patient if we don’t respond to emails straight away. We organise the festival as volunteers around full time jobs, so it can take us a little while to get round to replying, especially at this time of year.